Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Been a long time, I doubt anyone even reads this blog anymore since I haven't updated it in 5 years, and the last post anyone commented on is 6 years old. I need someplace to rant though now that I'm in college.
The college I'm going to has a required first year class called College Survival, personally I assumed it'd be helping me get into the habit of properly taking notes, good study habits, and helping me to get into the habit of checking the site the school uses for assignments.
I instead got a teacher that never told anyone to check the moodle, which this teacher had assignments on that she said herself were never going to be given out in the class.
The class also seems completely aimless, we've been shown stuff from motivational speeches that touch on something called Hell Week in the US navy, to viewing slideshows about different jobs, their pay, and their risk that was an assignment for everyone in the class to put together at least one. We've had to do some half-baked re-enactment of The Three Fates that was supposed to teach us how much time we spend doing certain things, but reminded the entire class about their mortality, and we've had speakers come in and tell us about their jobs, like one woman who is a friend of the teacher who had apparently lived up shits creek financially as a kid and started getting an education later than normal because of it, but now owns and runs a restaurant. We've even learned shit about how to use credit cards, and the textbook for this class even goes over the risks of unprotected sex.
I really don't know what I'm supposed to be learning, and the stress from this class and it's absurd amount of homework has had me wanting to drop out of this community college for a while now. This is only the first term though, and I'd rather not have to retake this class if I did drop out, but decided I wanted to try again some years down the line.
I plan on talking to one of the school counselors about this class and how completely aimless and confusing it feels. I don't have any problems against the teacher, she's trying her best and isn't a bad person, I feel like she's unintentionally condescending sometimes and I always get passive aggressive if not outright angry as a knee-jerk to that kind of stuff. She doesn't deserve to be the target of my frustration though.
That's about it, if someone actually read this, have a good morning/day/evening/night.

No comments:

Post a Comment